Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Club Date Cymbal Holder?

Hey folks,

I recently picked up a '68 Club Date kit in black lacquer (which I understand is NOT everyone's favorite color; however, I like it). Anyhow, it's missing the cymbal holder that attaches to the bass, and I'm looking for advice on the best way to find a replacement. I looked through Cook's, The Ludwig Book but couldn't find any specifics on it. Any guidance will be appreciated. BTW, I'll post some pics in the gallery once I equip the kit with the appropriate hardware. Thanks in advance!

Posted on 15 years ago

By then, Ludwig Club Dates had the typical bass/cymbal holder. It's the same one that you would expect on a 'regular' Ludwig kit. The same thing they used for floor tom leg mounts and all the other stuff. That should make it EXTREMELY easier to find.

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for the quick response. Perhaps I wasn't clear. The mount that attaches the cymbal arm to the bass drum is there -- a metal "grommet" with a set screw in it (similar to that used for the spurs). It's not like what I've seen on later drums, which seem to resemble what you describe. In any case, what I'm missing is the rod (for lack of a better term) that directly supports the cymbal. Did they simply use the top section of a standard cymbal stand?

Posted on 15 years ago

Is it part A - cymbal holder, B - wing nut, C - L-arm, D - wing nut, or E - mount box? Which part are you curious about?

Posted on 15 years ago

I've seen them for sale at the local drum shop, new, for $70. You should be able to order one pretty easily...

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 15 years ago

Post your need in the wanted to buy section on the forum, and go to ebay under percussion/ parts and accessories. You will find it .

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

From Danster63

Thanks for the quick response. Perhaps I wasn't clear. The mount that attaches the cymbal arm to the bass drum is there -- a metal "grommet" with a set screw in it (similar to that used for the spurs). It's not like what I've seen on later drums, which seem to resemble what you describe. In any case, what I'm missing is the rod (for lack of a better term) that directly supports the cymbal. Did they simply use the top section of a standard cymbal stand?

The top section of a Model 1400 cymbal stand is one and the same as the "dissapearing/club date" shell mount cymbal holder Model #1380

Posted on 15 years ago

GOT IT! I'm a bit slow, so type slower next time. That part is available on ebay quite often. It's usually in pretty good condition. There are also several drum dudes that sell 'em......Jollity, Repercussions, etc.

Posted on 15 years ago

Ah, the elusive club date disappearing cymbal holder #1380! That's the ticket. Now I can set off in search of the correct part. Thanks to all of you for the responses.Keep on Pl

Posted on 15 years ago

Dang! I am slow! The DISAPPEARING cymbal holder. Got it for real this time. Those are hard to find. I've searched for one at a reasonable price for several months now. No luck. They want too much for them. I've seen one or two on ebay, but I've never won them. They do come up every now and again. Not often, though. Maybe someone on the forum has one. I will say that other American drum makers offer similar items. Not Ludwig original, but until you find the exact one you are looking for, it will at least allow you to fill the hole and play. Something to think about.

In my own defense, Ludwig had switched over to the L-arm cymbal holder by the time they made your kit. That's why I was so confused at first (and second, and third). So, a bit of understated pity might be in order.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here