Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Cleveland Holiday Red Onyx Kit

Just finished this one! It's a Rogers Cleveland-era Holiday Red Onyx kit. Drum sizes are 20 / 12 / 14.

After purchasing it I stripped all hardware, replaced any non-Rogers parts, polished it up, and touched up the bass drum hoops. The wrap on the bass drum itself was severely cracked, although the shell wasn't affected at all. I had the fine folks over at The Precision Drum Company wrap the drum in the matching Red Onyx finish. It matched my toms perfectly! The wraps on both toms are the originals.

Serial numbers are SN 53743 (floor tom), SN 53890 (rack tom) and SN 53983 (bass drum).

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]That's just awesome...cool that the new and old wraps were close to each other, too. Wow, that one has all the bells & whistles, eh ? Even the swivomatic telescoping bass drum cymbal arm....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Hi, Jaye!

Yea, it's become one of my favorites very quickly!

Back when I was an "active" player (about 30 years ago or so) I was strictly a "Ludwig Guy" so I'm not all that familiar with the value and/or sound of the Rogers kits. I really do like the onyx finishes though.

An acquaintance of mine has his original Rogers Black Onyx kit and the "white" portion of the wrap has mellowed to a "light beige". The resulting finish looks awesome!

Posted on 15 years ago

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here