Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Cleaning vintage wrap

What is safe to use on vintage WMP wrap so as I won't remove any of the character of the look or discolor?

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 12 years ago

If you want to remove the dirt, but dont necessarily want to shine the wrap up like new you can use a little dawn dishwashing soap on a damp rag. I like to use the Novus products (# 1 and # 2) to clean and polish - they really bring the life back to those old wraps, but Im not sure if that would suit your purpose. Looking forward to hearing other suggestions.

Happy cleaning!

James

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 12 years ago

This has been recommended on this forum before, so I tried it... and liked it!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290297307448?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

This is not for sale by me nor do I get any kind of "kick-back." I'm just very happy with the product. Follow the instruction for the "level" of cleaning/polishing/repairing you want.

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 12 years ago

I am restoring an old early 1960's era set and used NOVUS 1 and 2 on it and both worked great. I also have used the dunlop 65 drum shell polish and that did a nice job too. After using all of these the wrap really came back to life and I don't see any signs of damage.

Posted on 12 years ago

That stuff looks similar to a product that Meguires makes for plastic, called PlastX............

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here