Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Cleaning old drums

I apologize for asking questions that have probably been asked and answered a number of times, but.....

I have a 1965 Ludwig White Marine Pearl drum set, 14X20, 9X13, & 16X16, 5X14 Supraphonic.

What are the best methods and/or materials to use to clean the wrap?

What are the best methods and/or materials to use to clean the lugs, rims, etc?

I have the Supra cleaning, etc. taken care of and it shines like a newly minted penny.

I appreciate any advice and tips you can offer. My main concern is cleaning the WMP wrap.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on 12 years ago

^^^^ check under the site header at the top "Restoration and help". You can click on each sub topic underneath. It had been advised to me to clean the wraps just a few drops of dawn dish soap in some warm water and soft towel. Just wipe down the shell a few times until the grime comes off. There's a few different finish polishes everyone likes to use.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago
Posted on 12 years ago

You should try the Novus line of plastic polish...that stuff is the best! There are 3 steps to it and works great! Look it up...I bought my Novus kit on eBay. Of course, you need to take all of the hardware off before you polish.

- EMD
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here