Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Cleaning Keystone bages...?

Has anyone ever attempted to bring the new luster back to vintage Ludwig, or in my case WFL keystone badges while on the drum? If so what was done?

My problem is that everything on my kit is nice, clean and shiny and those dingy tarnished badges really spoil it...

T

Posted on 13 years ago

I think that I'll try a small amount of Zim's cymbal cleaner...

Posted on 13 years ago

I had great results using Wright's Copper Polish. I use it on my cymbals as well since my Zildjian As are 80% copper. Does a great job on them as well....provided you don't care for inked logos.

But it cleans and shines the old Keystone badges as well.

Posted on 13 years ago

From turbojerk

Has anyone ever attempted to bring the new luster back to vintage Ludwig, or in my case WFL keystone badges while on the drum? If so what was done?My problem is that everything on my kit is nice, clean and shiny and those dingy tarnished badges really spoil it...T

I used to feel the same way about the badges on my kits. However, I discovered very quickly that some drummers like the the badges "as is" when they purchase vintage kits.

I had the hardest time selling a kit once because I had cleaned the keystone badges to the point where they looked brand new. Several prospective buyers refused to believe that they weren't replacement badges, despite the fact that I provided the history of the kit as well as several close-up pics of the grommets from the inside of the shells. From that point on I decided to leave the badges alone and let the next owner decide what he or she would like to do with them. Some people are infatuated with "patina" I guess!Storm Trooper

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here