Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Cleaning glitter wrap

I have had so much success using Mothers Mag cleaner on my current resto; it has me thinking about my Clevelands. Are these polished safe for Rogers glitter? I mean it's lumpy and bumpy, not flat. Anyone here used these ultrafine abrasive polishes on this type of finish? Thanks.

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 12 years ago

I have used one called Meguiar's PlastX on the rough 60's sparkle wraps as well as on glossy surfaced wraps. It did a terrific job on the glossy wrap and a good job on the rough textured stuff. The rough textured wraps seem to be more vulnerable to oxygen invasion and the metal particles oxidize and expand, exacerbating the roughness and promoting micro cracking, which just makes matters worse, so the rough textured wraps are harder in general to bring back.

Try your cleaner out on a bit of the wrap under a lug , or alongside the bearing edge and see how it works.

Posted on 12 years ago

From calfskin

I have used one called Meguiar's PlastX on the rough 60's sparkle wraps as well as on glossy surfaced wraps. It did a terrific job on the glossy wrap and a good job on the rough textured stuff. The rough textured wraps seem to be more vulnerable to oxygen invasion and the metal particles oxidize and expand, exacerbating the roughness and promoting micro cracking, which just makes matters worse, so the rough textured wraps are harder in general to bring back. Try your cleaner out on a bit of the wrap under a lug , or alongside the bearing edge and see how it works.

Thanks, will do

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here