Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Cleaning Ahells w/ Paint.

Hey guys I am about to start cleaning up the snare from my harlequin I just got and wondered what I should use to do so. The paint is pretty good over all on this shell but there are a lot of little spots around the lugs the run along the lugs that are missing paint. These are very small spots that I do not want to make bigger. What is the best thing to use to clean the shell with without causing bigger issues to the shell?

I also wondered what the deal is with the throw offs on these old Gretsch. This one is not going up and down properly. Had another one that lost the rivet piece that made it swivel. Is there suppose to be some bend in the top piece? Was there issues with their Gretsch's throwoffs?

Thanks

Posted on 13 years ago

One of the most important things to know about cleaning your drums is to be sure to never use an abrasive cleaner.

GooGone will effectively remove just about anything from your drum shell.

check this: piano lessons

Posted on 13 years ago

For painted shells, I have been using Pledge on a soft, lint-free cloth or old t-shirt, and gentle action.

I haven't noticed any paint flecks on the cloth after cleaning.

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here