Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Cleaning a WMP wrap

Hey guys... I've been over to the restoration and cleaning page many times since my foray into vintage. I can't for the life of me find any mention on what to clean a wrapped shell with. I just got my mid 70's WMP Luds this week and am ready to get down to business. I will wipe the dust from shells first, then want to clean them.

When I did my Premier kit, I THINK i used a very diluted mix of the bonami/dawn and wiped with a not too damp sponge.

Too late to be doing this tonite so hopefully when I awake in the am, I can find some answers from those in the know.

Thanks!

Posted on 16 years ago

hey Tommy.

Congrats on finding your kit. On a WMP kit you will never be able to remove the "yellowing" vintage look. The bonami/dawn mixture is used on hardware, not wrap from what I have read. On my sparkle Luddies I first cleaned them with a diluted dawn and water mixture. Then I used Novus 1 and 2, which many feel are the best products. Novus 2 will remove any surface scratches and 1 will shinbring out the shine on the wrap. I remove all hardware prior to working on the wrap and the kit came out really nice.

Good luck,

JohnG

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here