Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Cleaning a lacquer finish?

Hi All -

I have a 2004 Starclassic kit in purple lacquer. I would like to remove any surface scratches and dirt from the finish. I know these dark finishes will show any scratches quite easily. Don't want to use windex as it will leave a film. I was thinking of applying a car polish/cleaner that is not very abrasive. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Posted on 10 years ago

That's it. Get a paste wax, and a soft rag to buff with. If the scratches are deeper, then you can get into the polishing steps, or get a buffing wheel. But it's easy to try the paste wax first.

Posted on 10 years ago

You can get a liquid rouge which is actually used to remove scratches from fine furniture... FYI

Never play it the same way once.
Posted on 10 years ago

I have had great luck with first using a high quality car wash. I use a damp sponge in a car wash / water mix. I do this one drum at a time and work from top to bottom and then flip the drum and repeat. Only after this do I go for a high quality carnuba wax. Sometimes it takes a few goes to get them clean. I do this for my new drums and vintage drums also.

1 attachments
Sonor SQ2 10 14 18 American Walnut
L.A. Camco 12 14 18 Moss Green
Gretsch Round Badge 12 14 18 w/snare Champagne
Gretsch Round Badge 12 14 20 w/snare Burgundy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhdcpleTKlI

82nd ABN DIV OEF OIF Combat Infantry Veteran
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here