Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Cindy Blackman (blew me away)

who said girls couldn't drum?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf-v5vT-UmE[/ame]

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Saw her at the 2009 Hollywood Show. I was more impressed with her knowledge of early jazz drumming. Her solo was okay, but Todd Sucherman was earlier in the day and I still was buzzed over his playing.

Side note, Cindy Blackman got a proposal for marriage by none other than Carlos Santana, at a gig that she was playing drums at for Santana.

Side side note. I talked to her at the Hollywood show and for 50 years old, she is drop dead gorgeous and a very kind soul to boot.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

Very Tony Williams-like in her use of alternating foot/hand and also all the single stroke stuff. I like her.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

shes 50!?

Eye Ball

i just love how when shes tuning she never misses a beat.

quite impressive i'd say.

i'd love to see her live.

Yes Sir

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From O-Lugs

Very Tony Williams-like in her use of alternating foot/hand and also all the single stroke stuff. I like her.

She was very heavily influence by Tony. Very jazz oriented player. The Lenny stuff was good, but you really gotta see her in her element. Jazz.....Cool1

Posted on 14 years ago

From LudwigLover

who said girls couldn't drum?

Ummm...nobody here that I know of.....:p

Posted on 14 years ago

someones PMSing!

LoLoLoLo

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Cindy is awesome,it also shows you don't have to be a guy to play the drums well! and I know she's not the first accomplished female drummer, but she is one of them!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

yea..Karen Carpenter! woo!

Excited

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

I love Cindy Blackman.Cool1

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here