Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

chrome Pearl snare sold by Sears in 1969

Looking for a chrome 8 lug, 5x14 snare made by Pearl and sold by Sears in 1969. It has two ribs about 1/2" apart around the center of the shell. The muffler and snare adjustment knobs are about 1/2" deep and are deeply fluted(I have also seen these same knobs on some Crown drums). This will complete a set that I have had for 38 years. Unfortunately I loaned the snare out around 1979 in Bellflower Ca. and that person loaned it to someone else and I haven't seen it since. (At the same time I loaned the same guy an 18" Paiste 602 crash, which he cracked, so he decided to throw it out!...some friend?) The only identifier as to Pearl was the original drum keys, however everything that I have seen in my research points to this snare as being made by Pearl. I do have a picture of the original.

Edit/Delete Message

Posted on 16 years ago

Have you been searching on Ebay? Japanese snares come up pretty regularly and it is only matter of time that it will show up...

You have waited this long, so it might be a little longer for one to appear..

Then like always when one shows up on Ebay three more follow after that...

When it rains it poors..

Well, that is what usually happens to me...

This will stay in the wanted section so someone might eventually have one for sale..

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here