Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Chester Thompson"s 1986 Pearl Genesis kit.

This was Chester Thompson's Genesis "1986 Invisible Touch Tour" Custom Pearl kit. The snare drums and cymbals were from my drum collection. The rack, hardware, toms, and kicks were Chester's. Here's a photo of when it was mine!

1 attachments
Elliott/tikilovegod
Posted on 9 years ago

very impressive ....

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 9 years ago

Wow,this kit is almost 30 years old now and a neat piece of musical history.Sounds like you don`t have it anymore but a very cool set and a nice pic of it too.At least you had the opportunity to play it.

Wayne

1967 Rogers Cleveland Champagne Sparkle
1967/68 Rogers Dayton Champagne Sparkle
1966 Rogers cob 7 Line Dynasonic Snare.
1967 Rogers "Humberto Morales" Timbales.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge 14x 6.5 Black Beauty Snare.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge Red Cortex
1988 Sonor "Horst Link" HLD 590 14x8 Bronze Snare
Posted on 9 years ago

Sweet!! I love 80s Pearl drums.

Looking for a late 80's to early 90's, preferably Arctic White Pearl MLX 14x14 floor tom.
Posted on 9 years ago

Yes, I had it for about a year or so in the mid 90s. Chester signed two new heads for me that you see in the photo. The photo quality is not that great, and I have a few more but I understand that we can only post one in the gallery. I have a recording of me playing it somewhere. I sold them because the Birdseye maple finish was starting to split around the lugs on some of the smaller toms, and the chrome on the lugs was pitted, although I tried to clean it up. I wish I still had them even with the flaws. I was not really a fan of the square sized toms, but they are a part of music history, and they did sound awesome. BTW, the shells were custom, not part of what Pearl was putting out in shops. They were thin "made in the USA shells", and the finish was Birdseye maple with a golden tint, and there seemed to be a "maple flame" happening too. There were also triggers inside the 10"-18" toms. Glad to have been able to play them!

Elliott/tikilovegod
Posted on 9 years ago

Very cool! I'm so glad "Power Tom" sizes are no longer in vogue, as I'd need a ladder to reach them!

Mark

Posted on 9 years ago

I don't mind some of the power size depths up to a point. Once I start getting into the 12", 13", & 14" depths on top of a 22" or larger bass drum I am not diggin' it. With that said I do like the sound of them, but not the placement. With that said, traditional depth toms probably work out best for me.

Elliott/tikilovegod
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here