Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Cheezy Rogers snare ?

Hello,

I'm new here, so hello to everyone. I'm a bass player of 40 years and been programming drum machines for 20 or so. ( dont hold that against me ). I always swore I was gonna some day get a kick, snare and high hat and just now did that.

The snare drum is real cheap looking 14x5 and has no lugs or tenioners, but springy latchs that hold the heads. I know, I know......It has a badge on it that says R340 pts, and the R is the same logo as Rogers. I tried researching and found a mention of one but know pic. its prob 60's, as the kick drum I got with it (from a 94 year old man) is a 60-63 20x14 white marine pearl Ludwig...real cool...Anyway, the snare amazingly sounds real good.

Anyone know anything about this ?

Thanks, elroy

Posted on 14 years ago

The R340 drums were an import line offered by Rogers in the late 70's The PTS means pre tuned shells. The shells were actually were made by Remo, which they later called the "Acousticon" shell. Not too collectible, and surprisingly they didn't last long due to poor construction.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here