Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Cheezy Rogers snare photos

I took some photos. See my other post about this.

Thanks

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

This is called a Pre-Tensioned Snare, or PTS. And not exactly what I would call "cheesy". The PTS systems are really a great concept, as you can change heads easily for different sitations in the heat of "battle". Say you are the middle of a set and are going froma power ballad to jazzier tone. It is supposed to be easier to pop the top and slide a new set on rather re-tune mid set.

Can we see the rest of it? The whole kit? One of the reasons for this posting is to preserve all the pix we can for posterity, even those of us who have a love affair with cheap copies of the real deal. I love these, but cannot afford American Vintage, so I have to live with MIJ, and I do really good work.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Elroy,

First let me say Welcome to the forum!

I'm pretty certain that you'll enjoy your "stay" here!

Just wondering if you've got any pics of the bass drum you picked up with this snare that you might be able to post?

Posted on 14 years ago

Heres the kick I got with the snare. I think its a early 60's Ludwig, but I may be full of it. It has no date stamp (60-63) and the badge has been removed, but you can still see the outline of it. Also not sure about the spur brackets.

Thats it. All I got was a kick, snare and high hat.

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here