Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Check this pedal out!!

I have not added it yet to the main pedal page, but when you look at it make sure you click on the last two images....

Vintage Ludwig & Ludwig Pedal

David

Posted on 16 years ago

David... Those Are Great Pictures! Does That Lever Disengage The Main Beater, & Simultaneously Engage The Second One? Would There Be A Lambswool Beater & A Wood One Maybe? ....marko

Posted on 16 years ago

That is a good question,

The double beater set-up allowed the drummer to have two different sounds. Dead center and off center.

Then the cymbal striker would hit the cymbal mounted to the bass drum hoop.

This pedal allowed the drummer the opportunity to hit the cymbal or not by adding a little right side pressure and then back to straight on.

Up until then the striker and beater worked together...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Just checking if the mouseover worked for you on the last two images

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Just added 6 more pedals at the bottom of the page, including a Ludwig Side Pedal for tight spots... The bass drum would sit on the right of the drummer...

Vintage Bass Drum Pedals

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Nice! I have one that's exactly like the very last one...that cast iron job. Let's just say that I won't be trading that baby out for my SpeedKing or my DW5000 anytime soon! ;)

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

I'd love to hook of the cymbal beater. How do you think continuous simultaneous bass drum and crash symbal strokes would sound in pop music? It would be unique for sure.

Gary

Dix Hills, NY

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/sabshga/

http://www.myspace.com/garysabshon

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here