Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

check out my score

When I saw the posting by Vintage Drum Bug I could not believe my eyes. When I saw the pics of his set in his post “My Freshest Catch!!!” I thought I would never see a drum set with the same wrap as my set. The set that I scored is a Ludwig club date set that are all keystone badges and all range in date from 1960 to 1963 (no serial #). the set includes a 14”x22” bass, 5”x14” jazz festival snare, 9”x13” tom tom, 12”x15” floor tom and a 16”x16” floor tom (which I believe is a super classic not club date). This set was sitting in the back of a middle school music teachers closet collecting dust but is in fantastic condition. The chrome hardware is in very good condition (a pit here and there) and the rap is not faded at all, in the pictures they do not look like they sparkle but that is because of the flash and camera’s automatic settings killed the sparkle in the pictures (they do REALLY sparkle). I had to hunt down a few parts it was missing but I did get all original year parts. I found on ebay a 1960’s speed king pedal and a 1960’s Ludwig hi-hat stand. The only components in the entire set (other than cymbals and the throne) that is not 1960’s Ludwig is the disappearing cymbal stand that comes out of the center of the bass, I did not have that so I made one that bends to the right a little, the cowbell, the legs on the 12”x15” floor tom and the original set had the 9”x13” tom tom mount clamped on to the bass drum hoop which I do not have but put it on a snare stand which is probably a lot more sturdy.

3 attachments
144.6 kB
139.5 kB
123 kB
Posted on 14 years ago

Awesome stuff! Great SCORE!!!

If insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, is it insane to practice?
Posted on 14 years ago

That is a great story - a drummer`s dream come true- beautiful. I can just imagine how it `ll sound all tuned up with new heads. Big congrats!

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

Cool kit Kevin!

I can't believe it either. Vintage drum bug's and your score in one week or so,

in such a stunning wrap. Man I'm jealous of you guys in the US - it seems like every second closet in the country has a 60s set of luddys in it! LOLThe Band

Seriously good find, well done!

"It's Charlie Watts' band
Without him we wouldn't have a group"

Keith Richards
Posted on 14 years ago

Congrats Kevin! I wish my closet has some 60's Ludwigs in it! :D

....lovin' that vintage sound
Posted on 14 years ago

I WANT TO DATE THOSE CLUBDATES!!! DAM IT!!!Bowing

http://www.vintagedrumbug.com/
Cause you got the bug dont'cha?
https://www.facebook.com/VintageDrumBug
https://twitter.com/VintageDrumBug
Posted on 14 years ago

what do you think of my score when I tell you I got the set for free and I have a total of about 120$ total into everything you see in the picture. this set actually got be started drumming, I always wanted to do it but never had the means of getting a drum set and I got lucky (I think very lucky) with this one. I can't afford lessons and have been trying online lessons so if anyone has any suggestions for me on some easy to follow ones or any other methods I would appreciate it.

Posted on 14 years ago

How old are you? There are many ways to go about getting lessons. Depending on where you live, you might try bartering for lessons. Maybe mow the teachers lawn? Or a couple of teachers' lawns. The guy you got the kit from, is he a drum teacher? If he is, see if you can work it off somehow.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Don't take offense but for several days I've been cheering for Kevins good fortune to pick up that cool kit. I just now realized it is a different Kevin! Dang! I'm very happy for you Kevin, but it just ain't the same joy as before. Oh well............pout.

So, Kevin. Nice kit. I really like that combination of colors that make up that wrap. Sweet score!

Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

Don't take offense but for several days I've been cheering for Kevins good fortune to pick up that cool kit. I just now realized it is a different Kevin! Dang! I'm very happy for you Kevin, but it just ain't the same joy as before. Oh well............pout. So, Kevin. Nice kit. I really like that combination of colors that make up that wrap. Sweet score!

OOPS !!!!

I kept looking for those in my drum room, but they weren't there.

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here