Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

CHEAP practice sticks

If you have students or have a need for some very very inexpensive practice sticks of reasonable quality...have I got a deal for you.

I found this goofy company on ebay. They sell under the name of winning_choice

They sell stuff (mostly cheap import gunk) for cheap cheap cheap. They sell some cheap import cymbals that I will also check out. I like one of them and will order it in a day or three. Anyway, I took a chance on some sticks.

They offer several models of sticks, both nylon and wood tips.

I picked up 24 pair of 7A Maple wood tip sticks for 9.99 plus shipping. It came to about a dollar a pair.

They are very light weight, thanks to the maple wood. They have a bit of a bull feel...ie...wide to the tip and a larger tip. Not for jazz, for sure. But, for pop, rock, blues, and pretty much any other style other than jazz, they are fine. They are slightly fatter and are just a hair longer than my normal 7A's. They feel more like a 5A. Not the best tip for cymbal work, though. I'm going to experiment with shaping it to see if I can mod the stick.

So, if you have students or sell drums and need a really low priced set of sticks to throw in....here ya go.

Posted on 14 years ago

Cool, man !!

D' Drummer

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

I've had a problem with brand name (Regal Tips) maple sticks breaking quickly. How do these hold up? Thanks p.s.

Hickory works better for me. Bought some house brand 7A at GC for 4 bucks a pair and have used them on 5 gigs w/o a splinter! Nice cymbal sound too!

Posted on 14 years ago

ok. I've used these for a bit now. They are a bullish and broad stick. Hard to get clear and defined cymbal work. But, they do last. The tips chip when played hard over a long period. But, at normal and light playing, they do fine. As far as splintering...not too bad. I took a pair and played popping funk for over an hour...which means pretty much every snare hit included rim. They held up well. Dented, but did not splinter. Cool.

If you need cheapo practice sticks, these are pretty good.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here