Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Changing strainer on Slingerland snare

Hi!

I came across this Slingerland No. 173 Deluxe Concert King circa 1974 (according DrCJW) some years ago. It has some kind of TDR strainer and butt on it with rollers (see the picture). i have never got it to work properly (the snare wire slips and loosens and it seems that you can tighten the wire in many different ways because of the rollers), and now i have also lost the metal plate and the two screws on the strainer that hold the snare wire. So now i can't use it at all unless i find a new plate and screws or replace the whole strainer and butt.

I'm thinking of replacing the strainer and butt with new (or used) ones but i don't know which ones would fit. the spacing between the drilled holes in the drum is about 63 mm (about 2,48 inch).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

/A

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

A rapid strainer has a 2.5 inch mounting pattern....

Perhaps it would work?

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

ok! thanks. what about the ludwig p-85? does anyone know the hole spacing for those?

/A

Posted on 14 years ago

I personally can't stand the P-85, but if you're so inclined... The Ludwig P-83, P-85, & P-86 have 2.5" mounting holes.

Another option would be the RCK available from drumfoundry.com. There's an optional adapter plate to use it with 2.5" holes.

Posted on 14 years ago

Put some BLUE loctite or SuperGlueThreadLocker BLUE BLUE BLUE on the threads.. they will slip no more.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here