Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Champagne Sparkle

I am trying to find Champagne Sparkle wrap for a drum kit. The only place I have found it is at precisiondrum.com However, I see that they totally jack the price up on that single wrap! How crappy is that?

Anyway, any suggestions are appreciated.

1961 Ludwig Super Classic 22,13,16,18, WFL BR Snare WMP
1951-52 Slingerland Radio King Krupa Outfit 24,13,16 Champagne Sparkle
1960s/70s Polaris MIJ 20,12,16 Red Sparkle
2005 Gretsch Catalina Club WMP First Run
2008 Pearl Masters MCX 20,10,12,14f,16f & 14 Diamond Glitter
1999 Yamaha Stage Custom 22,10,12,14r,16f. Marina Green

...& many more...
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Your choice is them or jamminsam...an, believe it or not, Precision is cheaper...significantly.

The issue is, Champagne sparkle actually contains copper flakes, which means it automatically costs more (although truth be told, it IS in a class by itself compared to any other Sparkle or Glitter for that matter).

It used to be cheaper and more available a couple of years ago...but even then it was still a good $50 a sheet higher than any other wrap...so it was never a big seller. Suppliers decided to stop stocking it....which made it even more expensive because it became a ltd. order item. I believe Precision doesn't stock it anymore...they just call Delmar and have them ship it out of their warehouse to the buyer... (no, we plebes cannot buy directly from Delmar, they won't even answer e-mails)...

I still use it on occasion but I do set my pricetags on 'em high afterwards.

Again, not a fair price...but it never fails to look absolutely amazing....pics never do Champagne any justice....

Suggestions ?

1) Shell out....

2) Use it for a small kit, bop or jungle kit, so you can order only 1-1/2 sheets for the 3-pc. or so...DON'T use it on a 5-6 pc. Rock monster...you will end up in the poorhouse...

3) Pick another color...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

You learn something new everyday...I had no idea!

Great post!

1948 Gretsch Broadkaster "Dave Tough" 20/16/13 with matching 14" snare in Midnight Blue Pearl

1957 Ludwig Las Vegas Cocktail Kit 16x24 with matching 13x4 snare in Silver Sparkle

1967 Ludwig Club Date 20/14/12 with matching 14" Pioneer Snare in Silver Sparkle

1997 Ludwig Vintage Super Classic 22/18/16/13/12/10 with matching 14" Snare in Black Diamond Pearl
Posted on 15 years ago

Delmar eh? Hmm, I may do some investigating, haha. I never knew that it was copper that did the champagne! Thanks for the tip.

Oh, and on JamminSam's page, it's marked discontinued all over the place. Precision has a lock!!!!

Thanks again,

Kevin

1961 Ludwig Super Classic 22,13,16,18, WFL BR Snare WMP
1951-52 Slingerland Radio King Krupa Outfit 24,13,16 Champagne Sparkle
1960s/70s Polaris MIJ 20,12,16 Red Sparkle
2005 Gretsch Catalina Club WMP First Run
2008 Pearl Masters MCX 20,10,12,14f,16f & 14 Diamond Glitter
1999 Yamaha Stage Custom 22,10,12,14r,16f. Marina Green

...& many more...
Posted on 15 years ago

I have a 72 Slingerland in Champagne Sparkle as well.... but the bass drum hoop inlays are missing their strip of wrap. I have Presicion sending me a swatch of their Champagne sparkle to see if it matches up... but if I buy a sheet I'll have a bunch left over. Is anyone here interested in splitting a sheet?

Also, how many sheets would I need to by to rewrap the entire kit? (20" bass, 16" floor tom, 12", 13" toms)

Posted on 15 years ago

From 1972Slingy

I have a 72 Slingerland in Champagne Sparkle as well.... but the bass drum hoop inlays are missing their strip of wrap. I have Presicion sending me a swatch of their Champagne sparkle to see if it matches up... but if I buy a sheet I'll have a bunch left over. Is anyone here interested in splitting a sheet?Also, how many sheets would I need to by to rewrap the entire kit? (20" bass, 16" floor tom, 12", 13" toms)

I have enough to do one hoop. I bought it from cw a few years ago. Paid way too much! At the time I thought my kit was champagne but when I got the strip turns out my kit is pink. Let me know if you want it.

Lucky

Posted on 15 years ago

I spoke to Andrea at Precision and she found some old stokc that has aged in the warehouse that will fit my hoops and may actually match my wrap (because it's not brand spakin' new, it's aged... like my kit).

Thanks for the offer though, if you had enough to do both hoops I'd definately take you up on it.

By the way, Precision is still selling one cut piece of aged wrap in Champagne Sparkle right now. I think it's 6.5" x 54" (enough for a 14" by 6.5" drum). They're asking for $50.

Posted on 15 years ago

Hey Lucky,

I might be interested in your champ inlay - I'm looking to do at least 1/2 of an 18" bass hoop (maybe all) - But I also need enough for 1 full hoop - 1-1/2 total. idk how long that all is - I'll check.

Otherwise, I've been considering some Ludwig champ inlay - I haven't been in a rush though as I still need to buy a hoop :p

How much length do you have?

I'm pretty sure my Slingers are not pink champ - and they're actually lighter under the lugs - as opposed to having faded, they seem to have gotten darker. :confused:

Feel free to PM me regarding price, length, etc. - is it 1/2" ?

...but when he played on his drum, he made the stars explode....
Posted on 15 years ago

From NewDecade

Hey Lucky, I might be interested in your champ inlay - I'm looking to do at least 1/2 of an 18" bass hoop (maybe all) - But I also need enough for 1 full hoop - 1-1/2 total. idk how long that all is - I'll check. Otherwise, I've been considering some Ludwig champ inlay - I haven't been in a rush though as I still need to buy a hoop :pHow much length do you have?I'm pretty sure my Slingers are not pink champ - and they're actually lighter under the lugs - as opposed to having faded, they seem to have gotten darker. :confused:Feel free to PM me regarding price, length, etc. - is it 1/2" ?

I still have the wrap. I have enough to do a 20" exactly, no overlap. So it would be plenty to do an 18". This is champagne not pink. I also have a piece of pink about 20" long that I would throw in. $15.00 including shipping. Someone else is interested also so first come first serve.

Posted on 15 years ago

Hey Lucky - if you still have it, I'll take it! Just send me details - I've got paypal. You can message me at xxx@xxx.x

...but when he played on his drum, he made the stars explode....
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here