I picked up a 28" C.G.Conn Bass Drum from a gentleman in his 80s, who's had it in the family for quite a while. The wood on the interior of the shell is fabulous, including the reinforcement rings. The wood on the exterior of the shell appears almost "leather-like", with a type of "grain" to it, which I find extremely unique.

Unfortunately, the original calfskin heads were torn when I purchased the drum and I've since replaced them with some modern heads, one being a brand new Remo Fiberskyn. The drum's got 10 single tensioned rods with centered round lugs. Although the drum came with its original wooden hoops, which were painted red, the hoops had some cracks in them. I've kept both of them, but I stained a couple of new wooden hoops and mounted them on the shell to replace the cracked originals.

Mounted on one of the original wooden hoops was a C.G. Conn silver badge, with a serial number of 13578.

I'm just wondering if C.G. Conn Bass Drums are tough to find these days? I've checked on E-Bay and couldn't find any, whether in the "open auctions" area of the site or in the "completed items" section. I'm also wondering whether the serial number on the badge could provide some idea of when the drum was manufactured.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS in advance to all!band2