Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Cb700???

Need some help narrowing down time frame of this kit. I believe it's a Pearl made CB700???? The tom mounting brackets look hexagonal. I scored everything for $75.00 including a paiste 16" 2002 crash, Paiste 404 20" ride, CB700 high hats, DW5000 High hat stand and a Ludwig blue and Olive Acrolite snare drum.

I am looking to clean it up and sell it. Any idea on what the value of these drums are.

Additionally, I need three tom rims for this kit. 12"and 13" which have 6 lugs and a 16" rim with 8 lugs. If anyone has any of these for sale please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

Posted on 12 years ago

Man, good deal! First, those cymbals are great, you basically got them for free. That snare is a 70's Ludwig Acrolite. The parts on it are worth a bit more than you paid for the whole thing.

My suggestion is to clean up and repair the CB-700 kit. Do the same for the Acrolite. Playable, the Acrolite should be worth around $100.00 to $120.00 with correct parts. Maybe a bit more if the condition is nice. The repaired drums should be able to fetch around $120.00 or so. Maybe a little more if their condition is good. I'm not sure what the cymbals would bring, but don't give 'em away. Those are good cymbals.

You may be able to get more in different locations (or less). The prices I gave you are what I would ask here in California.

Pleased to meet you, and good luck!

fishwaltz
Posted on 12 years ago

I,d be MOST interested in your cymbals!!!!

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 12 years ago

You asked for a time frame on the manufacture of these drums- I would put it from 76-78. The tom holder was used on Pearl kits up to about 76 and on stencils like this CB for a little while after it stopped going on the name brand stuff. That color, the lugs tell me it's somewhere from 76-78 as well.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 12 years ago

Fishwaltz and OsakaBop thanks for the information. I am going to try and find some tom rims for the reso's on this kit and put some new heads on these drums to see what they sound like. For now I'll start cleaning them up. I kinda want to see how good I can get them to sound with decent heads. Thanks.

Dave

Posted on 12 years ago

That 404 is also an early Paiste 404, it has black lettering. The later models had brown ink. Acrolites are always a good score.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here