Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

CB700 with some new heads

I made a video of the old CB700 Percussion drums I picked up . I really don't think they sound all that bad for a stencil kit. Hopefully the link to youtube will embed here. Never mind the mediocre drumming, wanted to see what you guys thought of the sound of those drums. Thanks

Dave

http://youtu.be/VgXoi4oA5y0

Posted on 12 years ago

Wow!

They do look really good :)

-And you don't play to bad eather ;)

Wish that I still had my first Pearl kit. It was cheap, but it sounded a lot more expensive if you tuned it well.

-Keep on drumming :)

/Johan

70's Slingerland, 13,14,18,24" Copper wrap
70's Pearl Wood/fiberglass 12,13,13,14,16,18,22,24" Red
70's Pearl Fiberglass shells 12,13,16, 22" White
70's Hayman, 13,14,16,22" Black
60's Hoshino, 13,16,20" WMP
2009 Ludwig element, 10,12,13,16,22" Orange
Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks Johan....I might keep um for a while then try to score something else. Take Care.

Posted on 12 years ago

CB700's have been around for a long time. I have to wonder about their particular timeline alongside Pearl's.

The kit you have, with those lugs seem to be 70's. I've had a few CB700 kits with the key hole-ish looking lugs. In fact I've got one in the garage at the moment awaiting cleaning and restoration with the key hole lugs. They aren't awful kits, but man are they full of boom! lol!

From the catalog on this site, it seems the key hole stuff was 80's. Does Pearl still crank these out? The quality of the ones I've had seem to be far superior to some of the entry level kits sold at the time.

fishwaltz
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here