Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.05637%

CB drums with pink Granitone finish inside?

I picked up a set of CB Percussion toms with a Pink Granitone finish on the inside. Can someone tell me if this is a stock or original finish? they had Remo Pinstripes and sound great! Even better than the new Tama birch shells that I bought before I found these toms. I'm just curious because I google CB Percussion Granitone and there's just nothing on the subject. wiggy man...

Posted on 12 years ago

Hi, The C.B 700 drums never had pink Granistone on the inside or outside the shell's..Sounds like someone painted them..Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago

The no-name Pearl stencils I recently re-posted had that pinkish granitone paint inside.I liked that set.They were definitely luan drums.

Posted on 12 years ago

CB 700 drums with the "pink" Granitone interiors were made by Pearl in Taiwan during the 80's. Sold dozens of those kits back then while in retail.

Posted on 12 years ago

Cool! Yeah I really thought those were stock finish and not painted like that after the fact because it was too perfect. It does not extend to the bearing edge but stops in a straight, sharp line all along the top. I've never seen any others like this. Yeah, they're are cheap-ass CB Percussion, but they sound great even if they don't look like much with the scratched up black wrap. I own vintage Ludwig chrome over maple, but I don't take them out much 'cuz they weigh so damn much. I use the CBs or my Sound Percussions which are much lighter to haul around and the SPs look great 'cuz they are new and sound good with Remo heads on them.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here