Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Any ideas on fixing broken straps on old drum cases? Anyone?

Custom refin 80's era Ludwig rockers

Black rewrap 60's and 70's Ludwig classic mutt kit 12,16,22

Late 70's Ludwig Classic Maple

Ludwig Coliseum,Acrolite,and some weird supro/acro hybrid
Posted on 14 years ago

What kind of cases? The old fiber cases or newer plastic ones?

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 14 years ago

Ive got a set with the straps replaced with web belts pop riveted on.

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

I had a couple of old fibercases with leather straps that eventually ripped through. I replaced them with nylon webbing and plastic buckles from the sporting goods store. I didn't have to worry about riveting them to the case, and they will last longer.

I sold them long ago and got some SKB and XL Percussion plastic cases...MUCH better! If you've got the money, I'd recommend doing that...

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 14 years ago

I replaced the straps on all my cases years ago when the leather broke. Like others here I used the nylon web strapping (black) from sporting goods / home improvement stores. I used 1" on the tom cases and 1 1/2" on my trap case, floor tom case and bass case. The original leather straps were riveted on so I removed the old rivets and installed to new straps with pop rivets. I used the push together "snap buckets" that you can get with the web strapping to latch the cases.

Gary G.
1963 Ludwig Gold Sparkle Hollywood Kit
Ludwig Collection: 10 Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Customized Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Vintage Foot Pedals, 1 Single Value Bugle
Posted on 14 years ago

Yea, they are original fibre Ludwig cases that I got with a kit. They are not leather straps, though, like I have always seen. They are not nylon, but cloth (cotton?)

Thanks for all the info, buds.

Custom refin 80's era Ludwig rockers

Black rewrap 60's and 70's Ludwig classic mutt kit 12,16,22

Late 70's Ludwig Classic Maple

Ludwig Coliseum,Acrolite,and some weird supro/acro hybrid
Posted on 14 years ago

From LoveLuds

Yea, they are original fibre Ludwig cases that I got with a kit. They are not leather straps, though, like I have always seen. They are not nylon, but cloth (cotton?) Thanks for all the info, buds.

Those sound like cotton canvas straps. They were quite popular in some areas. We had some of those.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

From LoveLuds

Yea, they are original fibre Ludwig cases that I got with a kit. They are not leather straps, though, like I have always seen. They are not nylon, but cloth (cotton?)Thanks for all the info, buds.

I think the Ludwig fiber cases were made by Humes & Berg...

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here