Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Caroline pedal

I just got a Caroline pedal for a restoration project. Man what a cool piece of engineering. And built like a freakin' tank!

This will be a great project!

I think they're pretty rare.... either way, it's going to be a fun project!

Posted on 12 years ago

Solid French quality!

Get off! Get your f**in' clothes and get off! Right now! Pull the f**in' bus over! -Buddy Rich
Posted on 12 years ago

I just saw a listing on ebay for a magazine ad showing the Caroline as one of their pedals. Was there a point at which Ludwig took this over from Asba?

The one I just got is the Asba... it is super cool design!

Posted on 12 years ago

ludwig did take them over or buy the rights or something like that. word is that that got rid of the asba stuff and the ghost stuff when they moved from chicago to monroe in the mid 80's. buy stuff i think it was the molds for the parts,specs and that kinda stuff.

mike

Posted on 12 years ago

Well, cutting the Ghost and the Caroline would certainly have made their lives as manufacturers a heckuva lot simpler.

There's a site for Asba drum/hardware enthusiasts (there's a shock) that has some interesting info.

Let's see, I dig the Ghost, the Caroline, the Swivomatic, and the Speed King. One of these days, I have to move into the 1980's!

Posted on 12 years ago

too bad ,they finally would have had a decent pedal.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here