Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

CARLTON 'SUPER 20' parallel throw-off snare - Help needed

Is there a crimp on those wire ends ? It`s hard to tell for me.

You need Premier wires.

Premier owned Dallas/Carlton when your drum was made.

I think if you put the wires in this link into the receiving end of the strainer, you can mark the holes and drill them out.

Something to think about, you sound desperate.

http://www.ernemusicsupplies.com/permier-0646-14---20-strand-snare-wire-263-p.asp

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks GiantBeater, this finally solves the mystery and confirms once and for all how the snare wires attach to the strainer!

However, I am still unsure how the other end of the wires attach to the butt on the opposite side though, would you be able to post some photos showing details of this please.

Many thanks!

www.backwaterchannels.com
www.facebook.com/backwaterchannelsstudio
Posted on 9 years ago

Are you still there GiantBeater?

Posted on 9 years ago

Hey sorry, I am alive I am alive. Here are a couple more pictures detailing the snare mechanism on my Carlton snare. The long screw coming from the snare wires screws in this way into the strainer:

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/Sgtpepper89L/FullSizeRender_2_zpswyldwkjv.jpg[/IMG]

There is another small bolt that screws into the protruding end.

Here is the other side where a standard "butt plate" would be. You just physically screw into almost a free floating spring bolt plate to secure the snare wires.

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/Sgtpepper89L/FullSizeRender_3_zpso5xvcngv.jpg[/IMG]

I hope this helps, anyone know where I can get replacement snare wires made? Nick Hopkins has been trying to help me stateside, but any help would bes appreciated.

Brendan

www.brendanpeleolazar.com
Posted on 9 years ago

From GiantBeater

I hope this helps, anyone know where I can get replacement snare wires made? Nick Hopkins has been trying to help me stateside, but any help would bes appreciated. Brendan

Hi Brendan

Did you ever manage to source a replacement snare wire for your Calton sure drum?

Posted on 6 years ago

Or alternatively, if Brendan is not available to comment, maybe someone else here would be kind enough to help me out in sourcing a replacement snare wire for my Carlton drum or perhaps offer some advice on modifying another type of wire that would serve as a suitable replacement? Since my opening post I have finally managed to find a replacement butt place that is complete so all I need now is a wire to have this old drum back in service!

Any further input would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here