Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Cannon Snare Drum

I had this nice Cannon 10 lug 5 ply maple/mahogany snare drum I wanted to wrap to match my WFL set since I was having a hard time finding a affordable Ludwig snare. The shell is really nice. It came with a used Slingerland set I had bought several years ago. The lugs on it were breaking so had put some cheap pearl lugs on it. I removed the wrap and hardware, kept the throw and bought vintage 60's yellowed wrap, lugs, and a butt plate for it. Came out nice and matches my WFL set. I have only seen two shells like this and I own both. Found the other on ebay and wrapped it to match my Slingerland vintage sky blue pearl orphans.

Posted on 3 years ago

What I started with. Had already removed the hoops. With the other snare shell just like it.

Posted on 3 years ago

vibes!

Both snare drums look great! Nothing like bringing back drums that might have ended up in the trash! The aged WMP on the snare shell looks like a perfect match to that tom. The blue pearl wrap on the other shell looks great too!

-Mark

Posted on 3 years ago

Thanks Mark. I got that Vintage 60's yellowed wrap from Jammin Sam's. If anyone needs to wrap a drum to match their 50's or 60's wmp Ludwigs this is the wrap. Near Perfect match. The thing is while I was waiting for the Indie butt plate to arrive I found a matching Ludwig WMP Symphonic snare that matched my WFL's. So now I have 2 WMP snares. I figured I can use the Cannon with my BDP or Rogers Ebony set. Or sell it.

Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here