Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Cannon 6 1/2"x14" Maple

I got this Cannon 6 1/2"x14 ten lug maple drum in a purchase of another set and I can't find another one like it anywhere on the net. I just finished getting it playable again. The original Cannon lugs tension rod inserts were snapping on me so I replaced them with some lugs off a eight lug Pearl shell I had. Idrumforfun provided me some more Pearl lugs to finish replacing the other Cannon lugs so they are all alike. It has a nice steel block snare throw off and it is a very decent sounding drum. It matches my Ebony Rogers and can also use it with my orphan black galaxy wrap bass drum and silver sparkle toms. If anyone has any info on this drum please let me know.

1 attachments
129.9 kB
Posted on 9 years ago

Throw side.

1 attachments
115.7 kB
Posted on 9 years ago

From vibes

I got this Cannon 6 1/2"x14 ten lug maple drum in a purchase of another set and I can't find another one like it anywhere on the net. I just finished getting it playable again. The original Cannon lugs tension rod inserts were snapping on me so I replaced them with some lugs off a eight lug Pearl shell I had. Idrumforfun provided me some more Pearl lugs to finish replacing the other Cannon lugs so they are all alike. It has a nice steel block snare throw off and it is a very decent sounding drum. It matches my Ebony Rogers and can also use it with my orphan black galaxy wrap bass drum and silver sparkle toms. If anyone has any info on this drum please let me know.

Cannon was using Keller shells and various throwoffs in the 80's.

I bought one that was using the old Fibes SFT 690 which they sold for a while.

Mine is a 7x14 that came with a chrome mylar wrap,but I removed it and used a stain.

I used the old throwoff for other projects and fitted it with a Dunnett.

2 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

Vibes!

Your drum is looking good! Glad I was able to help.

-Mark

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here