Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Canister throne help needed

I am thinking about building my own canister throne. Something that will be a nice addition to my vintage set up, but also be practical (store/transport hardware inside).

Anyone know of any places where i can purchase the wood shell for this? I'm sure Kellar can sell me something, but I don't care if it is top quality "drum grade" wood, as i will never be playing it! Something on the cheaper side is fine.

If you know of a website that might supply this, or have any other ideas, please post here, or mail me @ [email]PK_Drums@hotmail.com[/email]

Thanks!

http://www.pkdrums.net
Posted on 15 years ago

I was at a hardware store and saw a nice stainless steel garbage can that wouldn't have taken much to make into a drum throne. I thought about it but it was expensive, like $80.

Maybe there's some plastic sewer pipe that's the right diameter, hard to imagine there isn't and that a remnant would cost much... that might be worth thinking about.

You've probably seen the newer design ones that are two tubes that slide into each other so you can adjust the height. That would be another way to go although if it's custom you wouldn't need the adjustment and they don't look as cool as the Buddy Rich kind.

Posted on 15 years ago

I used to sell laminate and plwood to cabinet makers.There is a plywood product called quarter rounds which come in a variety of sizes. Don't think you'll find em at the Home depot but,try Googling it and asle do a local search for lumber yards and cabinet component distributors. You'd have to buy 4 natch and glue them but,should be way cheaper than a Keller shell.

Posted on 14 years ago

Anyone have the dimensions of a canister throne?

1972 Sonor Custom (Swinger)
1973-74 Rogers Starlighter IV Blue Onyx
1982 Slingerland TDR-Lite Marching Snare White Gloss Pearl
Posted on 14 years ago

I made one once out of a Keller plywood tube that I got from an arcitectural wood supply outfit. I think if you google plywood tubes you might come up with something. It was a very handy throne. I kept my sticks and pedal and tools in mine.

Posted on 14 years ago

Check out anderson international, they have shells upwards of 24 inches deep and 15inch diameters. Dw has one that I think is pretty cool and Jim Petty has one also.

Posted on 14 years ago

You also might try PVC pipe in 12" dia. Especially if you plan on wrapping it. Would be a lot cheaper than wood.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here