Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Can you tell me what kind of ludwig snare this is?

I thought it was a super sensitive but someone told me it's not. I need to know exactly what it is! I pasted the link to it. I hope it works. Thanks, April

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140170510465&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004

Posted on 16 years ago

April,

I'm no Ludwig expert, but the drum in the link doesn't look like a Super sensitive to me. It looks like a 70's Supraphonic model. The P-85 strainer kind of gives it away. Someone else please chime in if I'm wrong here, but I thought the Super Sensitive model had an entirely different (dual) strainer system and had extended wires. Hope this helps.

Posted on 16 years ago

That is a Supra. Go to the forum home page and click on the Superman Logo in the images...

This should jump up in price...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

April,I'm no Ludwig expert, but the drum in the link doesn't look like a Super sensitive to me. It looks like a 70's Supraphonic model. The P-85 strainer kind of gives it away. Someone else please chime in if I'm wrong here, but I thought the Super Sensitive model had an entirely different (dual) strainer system and had extended wires. Hope this helps.

Correct, but the SS model of that era would not be a dual system, but rather, a parallel mechanism called the Super-Sensitive Model...here's where the confusion starts: the dual system would have been on 1920s-36 models and would have been called a Super-Sensitive (Super being the lower parallel mechanism "Super-Ludwig" and Sensitive being the top mechanism "Sensitive Mechanism" ergo, Super-Sensitive)...when Ludwig brought the parallel (lower) mechanism back (late 50s-early 60s?) they re-named that model the Super-Sensitive Model...I am not sure why other than maybe they figured that they would never re-introduce the Super-Sensitive Model (top and bottom mechanisms) so why not just call it the Super-Sensitive Model?...that's the whole confusing story...The easy way to remember is 1920s-36 Super-Sensitives had top and bottom mecahanisms and 1950s-present "Super-Sensitive" Models have only the bottom parallel mechanism...there will be a test on this at the end of the week...

Mike Curotto

Posted on 16 years ago

Thank you both so much for the great info!

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

Thank you both so much for the great info!

Always glad to help.

Mike Curotto

Posted on 16 years ago

Wow Guy's,

You all really know your drum's! I knew this would be the perfect place to ask about it....Thank you all so much for your fast replies! April

Posted on 16 years ago

This flyer will also show you both drums side by side...

Ludwig Snare Drums

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here