Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Can you identify this drum for me?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can identify my drum. I have included some pics. I would REALLY appreciate it if anyone could help. I have placed it on EBAY if anyone is interested. The EBAY item# is 170011028362. I really hope I haven't made a huge mistake putting it on there!!! I'm starting to feel really hesitant about the whole thing. I've wrote a couple drum companies concering it but they never replied. Thanks!!!

2 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

It is not worth much from a drummers perspective and looks possibly like a the bottom section to a banjo. Are there holes where the neck should connect to the drum?

I have seen a bunch of these on Ebay and they never sell for much money unless they are ornate with fancy metal cut outs and or inlays and special

decorative art work.

The market will dictate if it is worth anything since it is on Ebay the people that know what it is should find it.

David

Webmaster

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks, makes me feel a little better. There are no holes for any connections in it.

Thanks again.

Posted on 18 years ago

Check it out, looks like your drum, or very similar to me!

http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/e/su/cja/drback.jpg

Posted on 18 years ago

It has this look to me and part of an open back banjo, single headed

and the single lug posts.

Closer images of the inside would tell more

There is also the possability it was part of a Wurlitzer Band Organ or similar carousel organ that had all of the instruments

inside.

David

1 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here