Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Can you date my Premier snare?

Hi....I bought this snare a few months ago....sounds great. I'm just not exactly sure what it is. Here's a photo:

[IMG]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj205/thisispants/snare.jpg[/IMG]

It actually has written in pen inside it (annoying) 1956. It also has in quite faded pen on another part of the inside shell 1959.

From what I can see its a Premier Royal Ace Snare. but that's just a bit of a guess.

Any help would be awesome. Cheers.

Posted on 16 years ago

Also.....size is 14x6.5

Posted on 16 years ago

Nice drum. It's been refitted to a generic throw, more than likely because the owner could find the right snare wires for Premiers like this. You'll be hard pressed in finding the suitable parts to restore this one.

Names like Ace, Super Ace, Royal Ace, etc...tossed around like an old bean bag. Check the old catalogues that were recomended on your other post, This should be listed there. The badge looks late 50's mid 60's. It's a great drum. I have an old Premier 55 kit and several Prem snares of this calibur. Keep them clean, lugs oiled and well tuned it will give you years of great playing! If you want to sell it please contact me! RJN1955 AT aol.com

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here