Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Can someone tell me what this snare is ? Leedy and Ludwig ??

Hi,

I'm searching since a few days which snare drum did Brian Blade use when he was touring with the the Joshua Redman 4tet around 1994 ?? The one he played with his yellow Sonor Tear Drop kit !!!

I read that some guys thought it was a Leedy.. Does someone know what this snare is ??

Here's a link of a video in which we can see by moments the black snare. The best one to really see something...

i found a photo of a Leedy and Ludwig snare which looks like but i don't know if it's right..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0rc52uu1AQ[/ame]

Can someone help me ??

Posted on 14 years ago

That is a Leedy Snare and not a L&L based on the badge.

Look at the photo.

This would make it a Leedy Broadway. Exact year to be determined.

Here are the Leedy Snares to look at. You will see the Broadways with double lugs.

David

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks very much for your precise answer.. I started interresting in vintage drums since only 2 years so it's still very difficult. For the moment, i only know well the Gretsch drums from late 50's to 70's, principally Round Badge and Stop Sign.

I've a 4157 5.5x14 snare from middle 60's but i really like the sound of this Leedy Broadway Brian played.

Do you know the general differences in term of sound between the 4157 and the Leedy ??

Posted on 14 years ago
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here