Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Can Anyone tell me about this Beverely snare?

Hi, i got this snare about 6 years ago when i bought my first drumkit as the owner was going to throw it away - i found it in the roof the other day and wonder if anyone can give me some information on it.

Sorry if the photos arent to cleaer but its an old style six-lug beverley snare with an orange sparkle to it.

Basically i'm not sure whether to restore this or whether to onsell it to someone who is keen to restore it; so if anyone could tell me the details of this (type of wood, approximate age, value if restored etc...) it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers

Nick Annear

2 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

I believe that Beverly was an offshoot or directly made by Premier back in the 60's.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

I guess throwing it away was to drop it on the roof! That is a new location for finding a drum!.

Here is some company history on them provided by Mike Ellis.

The Beverley Drum Companies

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Great little snare. It's a Birch or Maple shell. Are all the parts on and working? Clean it up, oil all moving parts and keep it as a stand-by snare. You'll like it.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here