Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Can anyone identify this snare drum?

I'm usually not a fan of deep snares, but the (obviously vintage) snare in this video sounds awesome: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ou2J6CIQ-s[/ame]

Posted on 15 years ago

Well this is kind of interesting, based on this article it's a Slingerland Rolling Bomber kit.

http://mixonline.com/livesound/tours/audio_ray_lamontagne/index.html

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

That was really cool, brought a tear to my eye!! Snare sounded awesome, how about those cymbals????? Nice find on that article Jim, I love reading stuff like that.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Nice detective work, Jim. That's UBER-COOL, someone actually professionally gigging a kit like that.

I LIKE IT ! There ya' go...no "so-precious-a-museum-piece-that-it-can't-be-played-out" sorta stuff.....

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Rolling Bombers were pretty much the same as the early Radio Kings but with wood hardware because of the war.......great sounding kit. Very tasteful player too. I say why not use them? They are drums made to be played aren't they? And its not like the drummer is a heavy metal basher bashing away on those beautiful vintage drums! Very Cool1

Posted on 15 years ago

Quick pic I snapped on my cell phone camera of a Rolling Bomber kit in for clean up at Columbus Pro Percussion last year... they put it out on the feature stand before the owner picked it up.

When I said "Wow, a Rolling Bomber" (or something like that) the girl behind the counter was really surprised I knew what it was... evidently she's never visited www.vintagesnaredrums.com. ;)

It is very very cool that he tours with a Rolling Bomber...

1 attachments
Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

Notice the offset lugs on the snare, has anyone seen a radio king with offset metal lugs?

30's Radio King - 26, 13, 13, 16
49 - WFL Ray McKinley - 26, 13, 16
58 - Slingerland Duco
58 - Slingerland Krupa Deluxe
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 20, 12, 14
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 22 (need), 13, 16
And some others..
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here