Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Can anyone identify this drum?

Here is the drum

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

The damper system could be Star, but Star definitely never used

this type of lugs ...

My best guess: it comes from 'New Sound', a company

that copied many different hardware parts (as e.g. the damper

knob from Star and other parts from Pearl etc.) and put them

together.

This snare drum was produced perhaps in the beginning of the 70s.

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I'd say '70's Pearl based on lugs, hoops, throwoff.....but Ralph has a good eye...the snare muffler knob looks more Star/Tama than Pearl. But I believe Pearl is the maker of this drum....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Pearl lugs, definately! The muff could have been swapped out from another drum or sold to the owner as a replacement. Asian knock off throw. I agree early 70's. What's the inside look like? That would be the clincher.

Posted on 15 years ago

[FONT="Fixedsys"][SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]It is not possible to identify the manufacturer of this snare drum by viewing these photos. While all parts are of Asian origin, the generic "box" lugs first seen on early Pearl Drums have been 'knocked off' by virtually every drum manufacturer in Taiwan, Communist China, Japan, and elsewhere. The throwoff design first appeared on Yamaha snare drums, but has since been 'knocked off' in the same manner as the above mentioned lugs. The tone control design, first introduced by TAMA, also has been seen on any number of Taiwan R.O.C. budget lines. The shell itself may have been recovered or painted. This is a genuine drum.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here