Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Can Anyone Identify These??

Not familiar with this tom mount on the bass or the lugs for the floor tom legs...Looks like a badge behind tom mount but haven't heard back as to what it says....They want $20 for these two drums...

2 attachments
102.3 kB
108.7 kB
Posted on 13 years ago

I've got a bass drum with that same hardware, but it has been stripped and the badge removed. I've seen that hardware on both Beverly and Karen branded bass drums. I've seen the floor tom hardware on a Gracy ft that I used to have.

With the MIJ stuff, it's kind of a guess many times. Twenty bucks sounds fair enough... maybe offer ten or fifteen and see what happens.

Mikey777 may be able to pin it down.

fishwaltz
Posted on 13 years ago

Late 60's M.I.J. set by Pearl could be a number of names one of 50 you so..If you remove one on the lugs it will likey say pearl on the inside of it..Shells are thin 3 ply with rings likey too..For 20.00 for both drum i would get them...Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

Hi,

If I see correctly, the round and silver Star badge is hiding behind the tom holder on the bass drum.

With it's stick saver hoop at the floor tom I would date it end of 60s.

Unless you plan a restauration project out of it (considering that you will have fun doing the job, BUT: you won't earn all the money back you're gonna invest into it) I would refrain from buying it due to the following reasons:

- it's incomplete, rack tom and snare drum are missing,

- the parts (hoops, floor tom legs, long tension rods, etc. ) can be found, but in total it will be costly,

- apparently no hardware (pedal etc.) included,

- and don't forget considering the missing heads.

So you will end at approx. $ 100 to 150, not knowing at the moment whether you'll be successful in finding all matching issues.

For that money you will get a better value at another drumset elsewhere.:2Cents:

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 13 years ago

I'm with you Ralf. I was really interested in the tom mount on the bass drum until he sent this picture with a better view. Not what I was looking for....

Someone took a guess that it might be a Kent, so that's why I posted it for a second opinion...

On craigslist...http://racine.craigslist.org/msg/2531918247.html

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here