Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Can anyone identify these drums?

deleting image...

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Impossible to tell from this pic...looks like it may be a mixed set, though...as the FT has different lugs from the rack. the bass seems to have Slingerland claws & spurs...but...again, hard to tell.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

That is a Premier floor tom. An older style tenor/snare drum being used as a tom.. and one bushy beard!

I can try for 20 years and only get a little stubble!

:Santa:

David

A little more showing of the bass drum would answer that question.

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for the replies. Like you guys, I think it's a mutt set, but it's kinda funky cool. Until you mentioned it, I didn't even notice that the tom was on an old snare stand. That tom reminds me of an old Kent snare I had when I was 7, only a little deeper. I knew the bass drum was old due to the spurs and no rack mounting brackets.

Hopefully I'll get some closeups in the next day or two.

If anything, I can probably get it for next to nothing for the grandkids to play with.

Oh, that is one heckuva beard. Mine could grow that long, but wouldn't ever be that thick. These guys were in town from Finland and used these for a gig at Fat Matt's Rib Shack (Atlanta, Ga.).

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]sounds like the beginning of a joke:

"So, a Finnish blues band walks into a rib shack in Atlanta....and...."Eye Ball

Premier FT, Slingy bass drum...already there it's probably worth a couple hundred plus if you chose to resell....

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="DarkRed"]"So, a Finnish blues band walks into a rib shack in Atlanta....and...."Eye Ball [/COLOR]

Now that's funny!!!!

Cool looking kit, mutt or not. At some point, I hope to piece together a kit like this from old marching drums and such.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago

He CAN'T be playing that snare on the reso side....But it sure looks like it!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here