Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Can anyone identify the drums in this blurry photo?

I have the chance to pick up the drums pictured here for $100 (and a one-hour drive, each way). They look interesting, but my eyes aren't good enough to identify any of them. What do y'all think?

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Looks like a set of Ludwig Standard with a red colored Strata wrap to me.

Posted on 15 years ago

From emmojo

Looks like a set of Ludwig Standard with a red colored Strata wrap to me.

Yes definately Ludwig Standard.

Posted on 15 years ago

Well I actually have no experience with Ludwig. I know that sounds strange, but it's the one brand of drums I haven't owned (a 1935 Leedy is the closest I get). How are they for quality, etc? Worth my time and cash?

Posted on 15 years ago

$100? hardware and cymbals? Definitely.

If insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, is it insane to practice?
Posted on 15 years ago

Yes, you can see the Standard badge on the snare....which happens to be missing a lug. Looks like they're rough, but worth the $100 for sure.

Posted on 15 years ago

Yeah, I realized how stupid that question was as soon as I clicked "submit." Unfortunately, another buyer beat me to the drums. So, I guess I will continue with my Ludwig-less drum collection...

Posted on 15 years ago

They are somewhat rare now, due to the fact that they were an entry level drum that Ludwig developed. However, they are made with the same shells as the rest of the full professional line, just with freakier finishes and cheaper hardware.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here