Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Can Anyone Identify & Date This Ludwig Snare?

I've had this snare for sometime now. It's all that's left from a piece-mealed kit I bought from a friend awhile back. I haven't played in years, and am finally wanting to get rid of it. I'm guessing it's not worth much, as it has a lot of pitting and isn't in the best of shape, but I wonder if anyone can tell me the model name, year it was made, and guess on its value?

It's a Ludwig, serial # 991304. Photos attached...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Yes.

It's a 1976-77 Ludwig Supraphonic. It's very likely made from "Ludalloy" (aluminum alloy). It's one of the most common drums out there...and also one of the best-sounding snare drums in existence! Your drum (as pictured) would benefit from some detailed cleaning and a replacement tone control (muffler)...hopefully the throwoff is in good shape and there isn't anything "mysterious" happening that can't be detected by that one photograph. The value depends on that information. As pictured...probably $150-200 or so.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Hi,

I'm guessing that you've got 10 lugs on your drum. If you do, it appears to be a Ludwig Supraphonic from 1976.

Posted on 16 years ago

Yes, sorry, 10 lugs.

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks for the info! That helps a lot. Here's another pic...

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Well...the badge is in good shape! That's a start. Do you have any pictures of the throwoff and butt-end? Are there any dents?

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

No dents, just the pitting... Here are the rest of the pics I took, and I can take more closeups if it helps... Thanks again O-Lugs!

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here