Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Can Anyone I.d. This Camco Strainer?

Can any of you "experts" out there help me out with this particular CAMCO strainer? I'm trying to determine what year or years it would have been manufactured as well as what model or models it would have been found on?Help2

As usual, any and all "words of wisdom" would be greatly appreciated!

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

I've encountered this strainer mostly on Super 99 and Tuxedo lugged metal snares.

The round bodied strainer seems to appear on later 60's Oaklawn production and Chanute models. I can't give you a year date, but I believe is early Camco.

Posted on 14 years ago

Is this held to the drum by a single screw?It could be an example of the one that is missing from my drum.Does your badge have USA on it?

Posted on 14 years ago

This particular strainer is on a snare drum (tuxedo lugs) that I've been looking at, not one of mine. I'm just trying to determine whether it's "correct" and original to the drum. The current owner claims the drum is an early 60s Oaklawn. The badge does have USA on it. Is it my bad eye or does the "arm" on the strainer appear to be somewhat bent?

Posted on 14 years ago

My drum is Tuxedo 8-lug 5"x14" Oaklawn USA.Someone drilled and mounted an 80's Yamaha throwoff,but the red sparkle finish is BEAUTIFUL.Original throw had 1 screw mounting it.I'm awaiting a part for the original butt side mechanism.Cannot wait to send pix when it's together!

Looks to me like the arm is purposefully bent to clear the rim.Never seen this particular throw before-only the round one.

By the way-the 1961 Camco catalog on this website shows a Tuxedo-lug wood drum with this strainer.

Posted on 14 years ago

I've got a CAMCO snare drum with that same strainer. Oaklawn, USA badge. Wooden drum w/champaigne wrap. Tuxedo lugs.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here