Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Can anyone help me find out when these drums were made?

I have what seems to be 2 separate 5 piece Ludwig stainless steel drum sets (yes, stainless steel, not wood that is wrapped. Steel all the way through). I bought them at a pawn shop roughly 8 years ago. The guy who sold them to me sold the kit as one 9 piece kit. I checked the serial numbers against the charts on this site as well as the charts on ludwig-drums.com and none of the numbers match up. It has blue/olive badges, half of the drums have serial numbers starting with 216. The other half starting with 196 (this is my only reason for believing it to be 2 separate kits). The snare is steel and also starts with 216. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am planning on selling this kit, whether as 1 or 2 separate kits, and I want to get all the info I can to accurately price it. Also I have what I believe to be a 1960 wood snare, thats about all I can guestamate about it. It has keystone badge and serial number is 48304. Any info?

Posted on 14 years ago

I dont know about the SS drums, and Im no ludwig expert by any stretch, but...... I do not believe a 1960 keystone should have a serial number.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 14 years ago

That serial number should put it around the 64 mark (thank you Vintage Drum Guide).

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here