Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Camco Peacock Sparkle Tuxedo Drum Set

This is a Camco Tuxedo drum set in Peacock Sparkle finish from the early to mid 1960's. The finish was not cataloged, but was used by Camco. Gretsch, Slingerland & Leedy also had this finish. The sizes are 20-12-14 & 5X14.

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Fantasic looking kit. I know this is a stupid question, but....How does it sound? Falling Do

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Gorgeous kit there!!! It looks like a pink champagne sparkle to me.

As for sound... This may be a long shot but, freakin' awesome maybe??? :)

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago

Hey Mike!...

... and NICE to see you again! I also see that you're still at it, and yet another beauty for sure! Those are a first for me. I've seen a lot of Camco over the years, owned a set back in the 70's too, but have never seen this wrap... VERY NICE!! Big Daddy!... if you look real close you can see the "green sparkle" in the wrap. That might depend on your monitor though.

Tommyp

Posted on 15 years ago

Hello Tommy!

I am glad to be back in the land of the living! I still am at it, much to the regret (not really) of my wife. Hopefully dby the way, Merry Christmas to you!

BigDaddy,

It has green mixed in with pink and champagne, I attached a couple of other shots hopefully you can see.

O'Lugs, the toms sound great to me, the 12" is the best sounding 12" that I have ever heard, but I need to work on the snare and the bass. The bass sounds bangy to me and it does not have a bottom end or resonance. But that may be because I have not had any time to adjust the heads, which are all original.

Update on the sound: O'Lugs I discovered that both bass drum hoops had cracked/separate and were not tensioning the heads properly. I have made a temporary fix (with tape) but it definitely has improved the sound of the bass drum. It does have a bottom not quite where I like it, but it is much better. The snare is open and it has a woody tone like my Shelly Manne snare or my Pioneer snare (I like it).

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here