Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Camco Oaklawn resto-

Recently I posted a picture of my red sparkle Camco Oaklawn snare and stated that I'd be playing it "as is"with the Yamaha strainer that was installed by the previous owner.Well,this is why...this original throw is going for THREE TIMES ($149.00)what the entire set cost that the snare came with.I love vintage drums-as a matter of fact,I love drums of all types.But this kind of pricing puts me in a different sector of the community-outside looking in...which actually is OK.I'm also into old cars,and own a 58 Edsel Pacer.It's the same story.Crazy money for rare options.So I drive it....

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

Sorry to burst your bubble but that auction is by Lee County Music. They price their stuff at least 3 times more than its worth.

Posted on 12 years ago

Well,that explains it.List an item for many times it's value and pay for the listing when it doesn't sell.I understand perfectly....Burger Kin

Posted on 12 years ago

Camco and Edsel,... great taste !!!!

Do you mind sharing a picture of the car ?!

Posted on 12 years ago

58 Edsel Pacer ........ VERY nice ride Sir! I'm into old Fords too. I love those FE engines. flower

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago

From teverson-sr

Well,that explains it.List an item for many times it's value and pay for the listing when it doesn't sell.I understand perfectly....Burger Kin

they are an ebay store so they pay no relisting fees, meaning they can put crazy prices on their stuff and just keep relisting. Take a look at their store and you will see what I mean. I have to skip through pages of their overprices stuff everytime I search ebay. They part out drums and drive the prices up to a point that makes it almost impossible to restore a drum for a decent price. I really wish they would go away......

As far a cars.....Ive got a 55 Chevy Belair that I show as well as a newer Vette that I show and drive...

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here