Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Camco Oaklawn interior paint

Hi!

Does anyone know what kind of paint was used for the interiors of early Camco, or even George Way?

I've got a Silver Sparkle kit that must have been sprayed black at some point in its life, someone got rid of most of it, but there is still some residue here and there. I'm going to go over the wrap with Motsenbockers Lift off and then Novus 2 and 1 to get back some shine.

Now, the question is what kind of paint to use for that eggshell white on the inside? The kick and toms still have black paint on the rerings, and since i sometimes play without a front head on the kick that just bothers me, so I may as well repaint them. Is there a Camco equivalent to Ludwigs Benjamin Moore Regal white, or should I just match the insides of my snare (which is intact) with whatever looks good? flower

Posted on 8 years ago

A member gave me this formula from Home depot when I fixed the ring on my kick drum. It was a good match, not perfect due to the existing paint was aged and you cant reproduce that. So I added a couple of photos so you can see how it turned out. If your going to paint the entire shell then no problem because your not matching and the color is as close as you will get in my opinion. Good luck!

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks Jeff!

That looks excellent. I will definitely have to do the whole shell anyway, so no worries about matching. I can't wait to get them done. :)

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here