Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Camco LA badge.

Allow me to post also a picture of my latest restoration job in the gallery.

More to find about the project here:

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=42506

Thank you VDF folks for your input and encouragements.

Stef

1 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

Beautiful, simply beautiful! And the 'perfect' set-up. I can hear them from here!

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 10 years ago

Great job! A lot of work but the end result is stunning.

Posted on 10 years ago

I like those! I like those a lot!

Posted on 10 years ago

Classy

Jim

60's Sonor Teardrops & 70s Premier AMs
Sabian
Vic Firth
Remo/Evans

"unless it's vintage, it's just another wooden tube."
Posted on 10 years ago

Enjoy the fruits of your labor and thank you for breathing life back into a vintage set that could have easily fallen into the wrong hands.You`ve given a wonderful little drum family a second chance! Super job !!!

Wayne

1967 Rogers Cleveland Champagne Sparkle
1967/68 Rogers Dayton Champagne Sparkle
1966 Rogers cob 7 Line Dynasonic Snare.
1967 Rogers "Humberto Morales" Timbales.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge 14x 6.5 Black Beauty Snare.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge Red Cortex
1988 Sonor "Horst Link" HLD 590 14x8 Bronze Snare
Posted on 10 years ago

Yep, very nice job. Really impressed (read: jealous) of your staining and lacquering skills.

Posted on 10 years ago

Stef, they have got to be the best walnut stain finish I've seen so far. Getting them to all match was my fear and the reason I didn't have my LA era's done that way. You showed it's not only possible, man they're drop dead gorgeous!

Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks people for all the nice comments.

It’s been a challenging but indeed very gratifying project.

The thing with this set was that the finish was so far gone, that a bit of risk could be taken and things could only be improved.

Slingalud, a quick question for you.

You’ve seen probably more LA Camco shells than anybody else here,...

These shells all had threaded lug holes, was this something that Camco did from 1972 till the end or only at a certain period?

Posted on 10 years ago

From stedi

Thanks people for all the nice comments.It’s been a challenging but indeed very gratifying project.The thing with this set was that the finish was so far gone, that a bit of risk could be taken and things could only be improved.Slingalud, a quick question for you.You’ve seen probably more LA Camco shells than anybody else here,...These shells all had threaded lug holes, was this something that Camco did from 1972 till the end or only at a certain period?

As close as we can pin it down is 1975. Camco not only began threading all the lug screw holes in the shells, but they also changed the interior hardware (Lug screws etc) to aircraft grade aluminum. It's an easy way to date your kit to pre 1975 or 75-77 time frame. I am sure Antipodes, Dolfan, Fishwaltz, and VintageDrumBug have seen as many if not more than I have since most of us are here in the state of Ca. (Bay Area & LA) which seems to have the lions share of L.A. era Camco drums. Everyone has their favorite era, and for me it's the L.A. era drums. Similar to DW's Collector Series Maple but with custom bearing edges, machined hardware, and that aged Keller maple...Like DWs on steroids..Lol...

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here