Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Camco Cymbal Sizzler

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to acquire a vintage cymbal sizzler in excellent condition. Once the polishing process ended, I could see the word "Campco" stamped in each of the circular pads which are attached by wire to arms which fit into the circular section which screws into the cymbal arm. Each of the "pads" has three raised bumps on the underside. These are NOT the rectangular pads with floating rivets.The pads float at the end of the wires. The wires are hinged to the arms by two very small rivets.The arms are adjustable. I'm sorry but, I cannot send pictures. I did a bit of research and apparently Camco sold hardware to Rogers in the 50's. I was just wondering if this sizzler could be that old.

Thank you very much in advance for any help anyone could supply concerning this sizzler.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 12 years ago

Hello Salty,Here are a some scans of my Camco sizzler.Back in the 60's when all of us kids were drumming,we bought these sizzlers to make our big 14" cymbals sound big. The guy at the music store said all of the great Jazz drummers used them so that was good enough for us.I lost mine and spend 40 years looking for this one.I have seen one other one on EbA some time ago.When I finally saw this one on EbA I guarantee I was going to be the top bidder. It is a classic,so I bet they were made in the 50's at least. Good Luck with your quest... Vati

PS The close ups of the sizzler will not download to this site. If you want some good close-ups let me know.V

58-Blue Diamond-Pearl Clubdates
65-WMP Clubdates
66-Green Sparkle Clubdates
67-Root Beer Clubdates
65-Cream tiger-stripe Pearl Presidents
60's Red Sparkle Artist LTD
60's yellow sparkle Trixon's
??'s Kingston-MIJ--3piece kit/Pearl snare
many vintage pedals,cymbals,parts,ect,ect
Posted on 12 years ago

Thank yoy VERY much, Vati! That's the one. I knew from what I read that they had to be that old. I even found an ad for one (repro) in a book "Star Sets". Tonight at practice, I'll try it out. Yesterday, I took mine to a nearby music shop to show the drum techie. He was amazed! I am using modern Dixon hardware so mine would not fit. Another gentleman tapped it out so that everything should be okay. I didn't want to do it but, otherwise I couldn't use it. My old Stars are in Image Gallery under "Star Set in Turquoie" or something similar. I really want to thank you for the pictures! I can't thank you enough,Vati!!!

Brian

P.S. If you have anymore pictures, they would be greatly appreciated.

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here