Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

camco chrome over maple LA snare

hi, can any one tell me anything about how the camco chrome over maple drums were thought of in the camco community,as ihave recently been offered one to go with my camco kit,i have been looking out for a maple drum and didn,t know they had done chrome over maple so this is new on me.

Posted on 17 years ago

I've got an L.A. maple Camco snare (14" x 6") and it's cracking - frankly, as is every other Camco wood snare I've ever played. Not aware of this being a standard model though I gather they did do these as special orders (here's a pic of a special order Oaklawn chrome over wood) - http://camcodrummer.com/oakcowsnare.htm - and by the time they were producing in L.A. it wouldn't surprise me if they were standard issue.

In the unlikely event you don't go for the drum, put me in touch with the guy 'cause I would definitely be interested.

Cheers,

David

Posted on 17 years ago

And a little postscript - just checked one of the old L.A. catalogues online (1973) and there is no mention of a chrome over wood snare as an available model.

D

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here