Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Camco Chanute Kansas 71-73 Metal Snare -help!

Hi guys, could do with some help on value of a metal shell 8 lug camco snare drum. It doesnt have turret lugs but the other kind (cant remember name), and the strainer has been changed to a ludwig p85. It DOES have the chanute kansas badge on it. Just won this on ebay.uk and consider it to be rare over here, but a collectors opinion would help me a lot. Many thanks in advance! Mallet Player2

Anyone out there that can help????

Posted on 15 years ago

Can't get the picture big enough to see any detail. Chanute are probably the least prized of the Camcos but the COB snares are all equally good I think. Tuxedo lugs (for it is they) are pretty common and I picked up my Oaklawn with the really simple beer tap strainer (my personal fave within Camco) for a little over USD 200 a few years back.

In the UK it is certainly rare but so are the number of people who know what they are. Probably worth posting something on the Dolbear site because there are a couple (and I mean only a couple) of Camco enthusiasts there. But they are interesting addition to any kits and the Tuxedo lugs mean they sit well with most of the major brands, not just DW......

With the changed strainer, I reckon not much more than I paid....

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here