Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Camco by Tama - Opinions Please

Hello to all,

a little new at this so if the setup looks strange then I hope next time around all may be clearer.

I have just purchased these via Eflay and would like a better understanding of what may greet me in the mail in the next week or so.

I appreciate the input I received from Johnistix who provided some very useful info. prior to purchase.

I am after the collective input of all those with knowledge of this product. ie. years of production/vintage , type of woods used in these kits.

To be used as a gigging kit so preferred batters/ resonants that others may recommend, mainly RnB , blues style.

Once I receive goods I will present more pics. etc.

Thanks for any input or discourse that may follow.

Regards from 'Down Under'

BC

Posted on 14 years ago

Congrats on the win! Hope you didn't have to break open your neices and nephews piggies to get it. I am looking forward to seeing the parts and pieces. Like I said, those really look to be in extremely good condition, so they will be much easier to deal with than a kit that has not been cared for. Heads off shots will be the first order of biz, and I am thinking they are a blended shell, maple and birch? Maybe maple and mahog?

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Those Camco/Tama's are exactly the same as my 88/89 Rockstars.Same hardware,dimensions,hoops.Do the badges say Japan or Taiwan?Taiwan would be later,and you can decipher the age via Tama's website and the serial #.And,are the interiors Zolocote or wood?

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here